Sheriff Mike Hensley was appointed Sheriff, March 2012 after the resignation of the former Sheriff for medical reasons. Sheriff Hensley was elected Sheriff August 2012. Re-elected 2014 – 2018; 2018-2022.
Duties of the office:
- Serving the courts
- Courthouse Security
- Patrol Division
- Criminal Investigative Division
- Narcotics Division / K-9 Division
- SRO (School Resource Officers)
- Jail Operations – two jails
- Member 1st Judicial Drug Task Force
- Public Service – Call elderly that live alone each day to check on them, that is on a list they can sign up on. All information is confidential
- Operation Life Saver – We provide tracking bracelets to Alzheimer and Autistic children. We have officers trained to track these people if they become lost.
- COVID Pandemic – We provide pick-up and delivery of essential groceries and medicine.